Thursday, November 6, 2014

Push Play



With Beachbody, one of the mantras is "Push Play." Of course, in a company who makes workout videos designed to be done at home, the meaning is pretty obvious. Push play on the videos (and do them) and you will see results.

I've thought about that saying applied in other areas of my life. In the past few years, I've noticed that I have a tendency to live more in ideas and planning, and less in actually executing those ideas and plans. In many areas, I've never been one to show a lot of initiative, to be proactive. So, I've thought about pushing play as a good mantra for me, to just DO it, set forth and get that idea implemented.

I also have realized how much I am responsible for, too. I am a big believer in God's sovereignty. I believe that He has total control of things. So, I don't know if my tendency to show little initiative, has been related to that belief, and just sort of waiting for God to bring something about in my life. I'm just realizing more that it has to be both. God is still in control, but I have to push play and DO things as well. I mean, if I keep making bad decisions, I still am going to have consequences from those decisions. Likewise, if I make good decisions, I will have consequences for those. So I really can benefit from taking more initiative and just do it.

What areas in your life are you still sitting in the ideas and planning stages, just waiting for something to happen? Decide now that you're just going to PUSH PLAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment