Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Week 5 Update [Aug 18-25] and Food Prep


To start at the beginning of my journey, click here.

I've been working on my fitness for 5 weeks now. I'm still going strong, too. My PiYo workouts are definitely becoming more intense, and I'm seeing more results. I'm excited about my progress.

A lot of my friends have seen that I'm getting up early to work out (typically 5 AM), and seem to be slightly impressed. It's really not all that impressive, it's just what I need to do in order to succeed at this. But one thing that makes it easier is my food prep. We typically do our grocery shopping on Saturdays, so I've been taking the time to prep my food for the week on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. In order to get all of my veggies in, I'm eating a salad at lunch. Since we're buying our veggies at the farmer's market, there's a little more prep required, like snapping the ends off of my snow peas or chopping my romaine lettuce. But in order to save space in my refrigerator, I decided to use Ziploc bags to keep them in. I eat the same salad each day, but I do change it up a little bit each week. But I have recently read that healthy/fit people eat the same meals over and over. So, since I've found something I like and that works, I'll stick with it. In addition to my salads, I also have baggies for the veggies I cook in my scrambled eggs for breakfast. And baggies for the fruit that I freeze and put in my shakes.





I also prep my water for my workout the night before, as well as set out my workout clothes. That way, as soon as my alarm goes off at 5, all I have to do is get up, change clothes really quickly, grab my water and phone and go work out.


All of this prepping definitely helps to cut the stress down. Here's a pic of me smiling on the way to work (it helps that my work hours are a bit later this school year, too). 


And the best part...I lost 3 pounds this week!! I'm now at 9 pounds lost since July 19. Not too shabby, right?








3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! so proud of you.....and super inspired!!! whoop whoop CLAIRE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job and keep it up! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete