Wednesday, August 13, 2014

PiYo Starts! Week 3 [August 4-11]



To read from the beginning of my journey, click here.

After 2 weeks of cleaner eating and a few days of drinking my Shakeology meal replacement shake, I was ready to start the PiYo workout and participate in my first Beachbody challenge. The challenge group is a Facebook group. The host posts a few things the week before (known as preseason) to get everyone ready, and then it starts. You do your workouts and check in each day. There is a prompt post, and usually some way for you to respond. That part has been fun, and really not very time consuming. It's very supportive and provides a great method of accountability.



As for the PiYo workouts, so far they have been pretty good. I'm definitely feeling it in my muscles (although not as much as I remember from when we did P90X!). More than anything, I've just felt good and rejuvenated. I have been waking up early to go outside in our garage, where we have our "gym" set up. This was the best time for me to fit in working out. You know, you hear this all the time...if you want to do something, you'll make time for it...you have to schedule it like any other appointment...but it's really true. I never thought that I would like working out in the morning, but it actually wakes me up pretty well. AND, I lost another pound this week! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment