Thursday, August 7, 2014

Week 2 of Clean(er) Eating [July 28-Aug 4]


Read about the beginning of my journey.

 I didn't walk as much this week, mostly due to not waking up as early, and boy is it hot! If I didn't get out the door to walk before 8:30 then it got way too hot. I would have liked to, but I also knew that I'd be starting my daily workout soon.


I was better on the nutrition end than I had been the week before, though. We decided to go to a local farmer's market since we were going to get so many veggies and fruits. It sounds cliche, but it really does pay off to plan and prep your food beforehand. You are much more likely to make better choices throughout the week. I'm eating a lot of sweet potatoes, asparagus, zucchini, and chicken.


 I knew I was going to start my PiYo workout on August 4, so I originally planned to start Shakeology then, too. Shakeology is Beachbody's meal replacement shake. They call it the healthiest meal of the day. And it is really good, especially the chocolate. I make it with bananas and peanut butter. The ingredients are a bunch of "superfoods" so it's like getting a whole bunch of fruits, vegetables, and other healthy stuff at once.

On our team, a tradition got started where we have to take a picture of us drinking the shake while wearing a crazy hat and shirt. So here is mine, courtesy of my husband.

I only lost 1 more pound this week, which, even though I expected it, still disappointed me a bit. But that's alright. I've been reading/hearing a lot about being consistent, even with the simple things, and eventually the results will come. 

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! Keep pushing forward, you are doing great! You are motivating me to get off the couch, (my excuse lately has been "we are moving soon, I'll just get a fresh start to working out after the move.") Also, what farmers market did you guys go to? I love getting local veggies, asparagus is one of my favs! Also I want to try shakeology soon, so I'll contact you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brea! Glad to know that I'm motivating somebody :) We go to the farmer's market at Gunn and Casey.

      Delete