Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 4 Resisting Temptation [August 11-18]



If you haven't read about the beginning of my journey, click here first.

Ever notice that when you're eating healthier, you just don't really WANT the unhealthy stuff? I mean, there are definitely exceptions, but I have been much better able to keep myself from reaching for that cookie sitting on the plate in front of me while I'm in a meeting, or that piece of Dove dark chocolate that a colleague is offering. In the past, I've been at that place before. But more recently, prior to this journey, I had gotten to where I had NO willpower for resistance. I would grab several peanut M&M's, grab a Friday doughnut that the school principal had brought in, eat a piece of chocolate cake that my friend had grabbed for me when she bought her school lunch, etc. All in the same day. No wonder I had ballooned up! Now, I'm not saying that I'll never have any of that stuff again. That's not realistic. And really, cheat meals/days are pretty much endorsed in most weight loss methods. But it's limited to one day or meal. Not all of them.

This week I cheated a little bit at an anniversary party for my grandparents (65 years!). I did notice that I was full pretty quickly, though, in comparison to what I normally could eat. And when I had a piece of cake, which was good, I didn't even want to eat the whole thing. I was satisfied with about half a piece, so I stopped. It's all about moderation and good choices.


Although this is the fourth week of my journey to be fit, it's only the second week of my PiYo workout. At the beginning of this week, I noticed that I didn't feel the sore muscles as much as I had last week, so I knew I needed to step up my game a bit and push harder during my workout. It's helping that the routines are getting more familiar, so I'm able to work harder and not have to spend time looking up trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. But the actual schedule keeps changing, and I'm thinking as I progress further, the program will become a bit more difficult. But I've made steady progress, still, so I guess that is good. Even though I know people would not really notice much difference in me, I feel it. And I feel the increased flexibility. Overall, I just feel good. And that's reason enough for me to keep going.



No comments:

Post a Comment