Friday, August 1, 2014

Clean Eating and Week 1 (Pre-PiYo Workout) Update [July 21-28]



If you missed my first post about my fitness journey, see it here.

While working out is important, it also matters what you put in your body. That's why I am really trying to stick to healthy eating and not add a lot of empty calories with sweets and unhealthy fats. In the past I've seen it this way: you eat in order to fuel your body. I think that will be key for seeing the results that I want to see.

For my first week of trying to get fit, I decided to phase in better eating, but I still allowed myself some cheats, sort of as a last hurrah before I went full-force on my new eating plan. Since I am basically starting at zero activity, I also decided to walk a bit. I was able to walk about 2 to 2.5 miles three times during the week, which made me feel pretty good. I didn't really count my calories, but when I stepped on the scale Monday morning, I was pleased to see that I had lost 3 pounds. Yay!

32 pounds to go! I know I'm just starting out, but I'm pretty psyched. I just need to stay consistent, even when things start to slow down, which they will. (I watched The Biggest Loser, I know how it works.) But that's the beauty of being a part of Team Beachbody and participating in the challenge groups. I can already see how encouraging and supportive everyone is. It really is exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment