Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weeks 36 and 37: The Real Numbers

I didn't get a chance to post last week, so I'm "combining" the last two weeks.

First of all, I'm going to take my authenticity up a level and start sharing real numbers. Yeah, it's a little embarrassing, but I'm already sharing my pictures, so I might as well, right? Second, I'm going back to sharing a weekly PROGRESS update. I've gotten to where if I don't lose any weight (or if I gain weight) in a week, then I just don't mention it. I guess in my mind, I figure I'll lose again in a week or two, and I'll mention it there. But I want to be more transparent in my weekly progress. Especially since I'm starting Round 2 of P90X3.


Okay, so when I started this weight loss venture back in July 2014, I weighed 185 pounds. I wanted to get down to 150 pounds at that time, but I later changed that to 145. So I wanted to lose 40 pounds. As of today, I have gotten as far down as 157 pounds (so a 28-pound weight loss). But, on my Friday morning weigh-in, I was 158 pounds (current loss: 27 pounds). At the beginning of 2015, I talked about setting a timeline for my goal, which was to be down to my 145-pound goal weight by April. So, after being a lot more casual with my nutrition for the last couple of months, I doubt that I will meet that goal by then. Maybe it would be more realistic at this point to shoot for July (right at a year that I've been doing this.) So, July 19 would be the date that I signed up as a coach and made the decision to start getting fit.

I've written several times before that the scale is not the ultimate measure of my progress. In fact, I looked back at my waist measurements from when I started, and I really have to say that I am excited at the progress there. In July, around my belly/abdomen area, I measured 41 inches. Yikes. This past Saturday, I measured 33.25 inches. Woohoo! So even if the numbers on the scale are fluctuating, my inches are coming off!

I am starting my second round of P90X3. I'm excited to see what my results will be this time. I'm posting my progress when I went through X3 the first time. And then my current picture, which will be my new "before" picture for Round 2 of X3.



No comments:

Post a Comment