Sunday, July 12, 2015

Still on the Journey

This post has been a long time coming. I got busy at work, life got in the way; other things came up that called for my time, and I didn't use it to keep up with this blog. I've created snippets of this post in my mind for the last two months. I've stuck with my workouts, overall. The clean eating, not as much, and it really shows in my weight. But I knew I'd come back to it at some point.

First, I'll start with my P90X3 progress. I had started Round 2 on April 6. You can see my first couple of weeks' workout pictures in this post and this post. While I did stick to the schedule (for the most part), I didn't stick as well to the eating, so I don't really feel like I "went" through it. I certainly didn't want to take progress pictures like I had for my first round, because I was not making the right kind of progress. But, I did the workouts, at least 4 or 5 days each week instead of the 6 I usually did. Right at the end of the round, I had to start working 10-hour days for three weeks in the summer. And I got tired! So, I was a little more lax in my getting out there and getting it done. But, I did take a picture every day that I did work out, so it is still documented. Here are a few, for now.







Next, I'll talk about my eating. I already have said a couple of times, I did not stick to the eating like I should. I'm not quite sure where it started. I guess it kind of was a combination of stuff, including some Disney trips where we indulged a little. Also, I found myself getting away from trying to eat to fuel my body and started wanting to eat things because they taste good. I knew I needed a balance, but I was just letting myself indulge some.

So now, my weight. I still monitored my weight, pretty much daily. No, it was not where I had been back in March or even April, and it was not where I wanted it to be. I definitely yo-yo-ed a bit more. I actually was a little surprised at how quickly my weight shifted from the beginning to the end of May. Then June. This picture is from My Fitness Pal in June, showing the last 6 months of my weight progress. I basically started and ended the same, but look at that dip and then the recent spikes.



And now, the beginning of July. Although, I stepped on the scale this morning after a 4-day Disney vacation, and I have to say, I figured I'd be back in the 170s. Thankfully, no, I wasn't, but I was pretty close.

In the last couple of weeks I've been reminded of why I think that it is important to eat healthy and be active, so I have had a renewed drive to get back on target. I am almost a year out from starting this journey, and this is just proof that it is a marathon, not a sprint. There are going to be good times and bad times. Times that I'm motivated, and times that I just want to eat an Oreo doughnut. I just need to remember the 80/20 rule. I want to make the healthy choice 80% of the time.

On Monday, I will be starting Body Beast. This is another Beachbody program that focuses mostly on weightlifting. Not that I want to get into bodybuilding, but I just want to tone up. I am excited to see my progress with that. But since the majority of weight loss is going to be due to nutrition, I am getting back on track with my eating as well. At least 80% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment