Wednesday, October 8, 2014

It's a Marathon, Week 11 [Sept 29-Oct 6] and P90X3


Click here to read from the beginning of my journey.

For a lot of things lately, I've been hearing the phrase, "It's a marathon, not a sprint." That can be said about getting out of debt, it can be said about personal development, and it certainly can be said about losing weight. To be truly successful, it has to be something that you can stick with for life...a lifestyle change, not just a temporary diet. I've been thinking about that a lot this week, as I found it to be a not-so-successful week in sticking with healthy eating.

This was more than my previous special occasion cheats that I've written about before. It started with craving some pumpkin muffins. They aren't very high calorie, you just mix a can of pumpkin with a package of spice cake mix. So I had bought the ingredients a couple of weeks ago, but Jason wisely advised me to wait until after we took our after pictures, so I did. I took the pictures last week, and I made the muffins that night. He only ate them that night, but not me. I had a couple more Monday, and another one on Tuesday. But I also had two mini-cinnamon rolls at our staff meeting on Wednesday this week. Not that terrible either. Then Thursday was Jason's birthday, and he wanted to go to Kobe's. We LOVE Kobe's. I had to make it worth it, and I did get two meals out of it, but that was two more days of cheat-eating. Then Saturday, we had points for a free pizza, which we got, along with some chocolate chip cookie pie. I've been guilty of this before, where once you blow it, you just keep blowing it, but I know better.

Not that I'm beating myself up, because I'm not. I know this type of thing will happen sometimes. It's life. I just am reminded that ALL of my weeks can't be like this, and that's where it had been getting. I'm writing this before my official "weigh-in," but I'm pretty sure that I will not lose this week, and may have even gone back up from last week. But I'm not that worried about it, because I'm still staying on this journey. I just got a little sidetracked.


So now, my first week with P90X3.

I actually really liked it! I wasn't sure what I would think about it, or even if I would be able to stick with it, but I was ready to kick it up a notch. It was definitely tough, and I went to the modified moves a few times, I even took a few breaks sometimes, but I got right back in it. And I finished the first week. I'm pretty pumped about that. My muscles were sorer than they got with PiYo. The first block, which is weeks 1-4, has a good combination of cardio/plyometrics, using weights, and yoga.

So when I officially weighed, I'm glad to say that I didn't gain, but I didn't lose any this week, either. But I just keep plugging away. Next week I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment