Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 10 Update and PiYo Before-After Pics [Sept 22-29]



This post is about the beginning of my journey.

First, let me just say this...I FINISHED A PROGRAM! I am so proud of myself for that. Six years ago my husband and I had started another program, P90X, and got about 6 weeks in, which was not even halfway through. I even started it again another time or two, and never even lasted that long. I also tried to do the yoga component of that several times, but I just lacked the accountability and support that I needed. But not this time, and I do owe it to the people that I have teamed up with, along with my own determination.


I have liked PiYo. It's a great workout for those who want to feel a little stretched, get their hearts pumping a bit, and start to strengthen some muscles. I will probably go through it again sometime. My favorite line from PiYo: "Your hamstrings are saying, 'Are you kidding me right now?' and you're saying, 'No, because I care about you in my bikini.' "

Ok, I have to say that I am nervous and slightly embarrassed to share these pictures. But, I've invited whoever reads this blog to come on this journey with me, and what better way to see that than in the (ahem) flesh? So here it is...July 26 to Sept 28...Lost: 16 pounds, 5 inches in my waist, and all excuses.


Not where I want to be yet, but I am already continuing on the next leg of my journey. I started P90X3 today. I am still determined to finish this one, just like I finished PiYo.


No comments:

Post a Comment