Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week 7 [Sept 1-8] Consistency is Key


To start at the beginning of my journey, click here.

In addition to working on my fitness, I've been working on my own mental attitude and development, by reading a little bit more. One of the things that I've been learning is that it is the simple things that we do (or don't) everyday that will add up and make a huge difference in the direction our life takes. So I'm trying to apply that to my fitness. Continuing to be consistent will pay off big time.

This is where things start to get tough. I'm starting to see a difference in my body, the numbers on the scale are going down, and I start to relax a little bit. But no, I can't! I'm not where I want to be yet, so I can't stop. Yet at the same time, I still see myself in the mirror sometimes and wish my progress would be faster. I know the nonscale victories are more important. I know how I look isn't as important as how I feel, and I really do feel better than I used to. So I just have to keep reminding myself that.


Everyday when that alarm goes off, I just need to get up, push play, push myself, and trust that my ultimate goal will be met eventually. During the day I need to continue to eat my healthier choices, look at those 250 calorie apple bran muffins sitting on the table at my meeting and decide it's not worth the calories, and not eat after 7 (even if I feel slightly hungry).

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. I just have to stay consistent.

And this week, I did lose 2 more pounds. So really, it's already paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment