Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week 9 Update [Sept 15-22] Fed Up



Click here to read from the beginning of my journey.

My husband and I just watched the documentary, "Fed Up." Even though I pretty much had read or heard most of the information before, sitting there watching it, I felt as if it were the first time that I was hearing it, and I just felt appalled as I watched. But I also felt a bit of satisfaction that it pretty much lines up with where I am right now in my health and fitness. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you do. Basically, it focuses on our obesity epidemic, which started in the 1970s and 1980s, at the same time that we started to become more health-conscious and produce "diet food." It also focuses a lot on sugar, and how addictive it is. I really felt for these kids that they focused on, who were so heavy, and you can just feel the defeat they feel. It really is very sad. 


So, for me, that just renews my commitment to my fitness journey. And focusing on my nutrition as much as I focus on my workouts. 

I'm almost finished with my PiYo program. That makes me excited that I will be able to say that I finished it. But my journey is not over. The next leg of my journey is P90X3. When I first started this, my coach told me that I'd probably see more progress with P90X3 than with PiYo. I still chose PiYo, though, because I knew that I needed something that I would be able to stick to. Now that I will have finished it, I have no worries about finishing P90X3, But you can keep following to see for sure.


As for my weight loss, I've lost another pound, so I'm at a total of 14 pounds in 9 weeks. That averages to a pound and a half a week. All it has taken is some consistency and determination. And support from my challenge groups and the team of coaches that I am involved with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment