Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 30: WHY I am a Beachbody Coach

Even though I would normally post an update on my weight loss, I wanted to use this blog post to talk about WHY I have decided to be a Beachbody coach, and my journey from that perspective.


I first got started, really because my husband signed me up. As far as the business side of being a coach went, I wanted nothing to do with it. And I told my husband that. I said that he could do it, but that I wasn't going to. I knew I needed to lose some weight, and I was all up for that. (Even though I secretly wondered how long we would really stick with this.) So, my WHY initially was to become healthy myself. If you've been following along, you know that I have lost 27 pounds. But, it didn't take that long for me to realize that God had brought Beachbody into our lives. And that meant that I needed to go for it the best that I could.


You see, a lot of times, I write my prayers in my journal. On July 15, 2014, I prayed for many things, including to lose weight, to find some good friends, and to get out of debt quickly. On July 19, Jason saw an invitation to join a challenge group for P90X3, and as he decided to join, he also decided to sign (both of us) up as a coach. As we found out more about how everything worked, I saw that the answers to the prayers I had just prayed could all lie right in this new venture.

So then, in addition to wanting to be healthy, my WHY became more about finding financial freedom. This one is really important to me. We have been able to work toward that pretty well since we started in July. But, I'm also beginning to see some unintended, unexpected WHYs pop up in my mind. For one, I have seen more of an entrepreneurial spirit develop in me. Since I've always worked in the school system, I've never had the situation of being responsible for developing a business, but it's a pretty cool thing to think about. I've never been interested in the cutthroat business world, but there is something to be said about setting goals and then working to achieve them. And I get to do that without having to be in the cutthroat world. Plus, Beachbody recognizes even the small achievements, like when I got promoted to an Emerald coach in January.


Throughout the now 30 weeks that I've been sharing my journey, I've been told that I am inspiring and encouraging others. That is really nice to hear. And now that I'm running my own challenge/accountability groups, I am really wanting to help others get healthier. So that is another big WHY for me. In fact, I really believe that a lot of people are missing out on fulfilling their purpose in life simply because they are tired and unhealthy. And I would like to help people get healthy so that they have the energy to fulfill the purpose of their life.

Do you know your purpose? Are you achieving it? If not, is it because you are tired and unhealthy? If so, I'd like to help! Just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment