Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 21: Weight Loss Update and Holiday Tips


I've said this before, but I am okay letting myself enjoy the holidays, and I wasn't going to stay 100% on my eating plan. I'm finding that at the beginning of the work week, I'm good, but then by the end of the week, I ease up a little bit. If I hadn't already lost 23 pounds, I might be a little harder on myself, but this is my favorite time of year, so I will eat a little treat here and there, or eat some goodies at the work Christmas party. It's OKAY. I know if I were sticking to it better, I'd see a bit more progress through this season, but I'm okay with a little slower progress at the moment.

I'm still getting up everyday for my workouts. Well, I did miss one workout last week. (My FIRST one, aside from the scheduled rest days, since I started PiYo back on August 4!) And again, I was okay with that. I did want to be able to say that I had done every workout, but in the grand scheme of things, I've been consistent enough that it's not a big deal. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Last Saturday I had to get up pretty early to take Emery to a Christmas activity. I had already decided on Friday night that I probably would just do my workout on Sunday instead. But when Sunday came, I just didn't feel like getting up and working out. I also thought that I'd be working out the same muscle groups two days in a row, and that didn't seem like a good idea, so I talked myself out of it. Anyway, I made sure to get it done this week.


So what's my holiday tip? Aside from the typical things you hear, like drink water prior to going to a party, or not skipping breakfast in order to save calories when you'll be eating a bigger meal later, my guide is just this: Stick with the routine as much as possible, but don't get bent out of shape when you indulge a bit. And LET YOURSELF indulge a bit. In fact, that's really a tip for any time of the year, not just the holidays. But maybe during the holidays, I'll let myself indulge a bit more.

I'm still holding steady this week. I didn't drop another pound. I'm kind of stalling right now, since I got to this weight a month ago. Since that time I've stayed the same, gained a pound, lost that pound, and stayed the same. I guess that's how it goes, though, when you're letting yourself indulge a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment