Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Food Snob-Weight Loss Update-Week 22



Be a food snob.

I remember reading those words in a fitness magazine many years ago, and I often cheerily shared that mantra with people.

The idea is that you pass up the less-enticing foods for those that you really want, in an effort to "save" your calories.

I realized the other day, now that we are right in the middle of the Christmas season, that I am not really practicing that rule very well. Yes, I've been saying that I was going to let myself enjoy the season, I wasn't going to be too strict, all of that. And that's good. But I think that I've gone too far that way the last couple of weeks. The thing is, it's not showing up in my weight as much as it is in how I feel overall. I feel slightly less energetic, a little more tired, just not quite as good as I was feeling a month or so ago. Then again, maybe some of that is just the time of year it is. I don't know. But I know that I want to realign back to my ultimate goal, which is to be healthy and make more healthy choices than unhealthy ones.

I say this, knowing that I'm about to be on vacation. (I'm off from my job with the school system for 2 weeks, but my husband will be off from Christmas day on.) So that always means getting away from the routine, feeling that "need" to eat decadent desserts, things like that. So what am I going to do? Well, for one, I guess I need to practice my recently remembered mantra...be a food snob. If I know we might be hitting Ghiradelli for a yummy dessert, then maybe I shouldn't get cookies as a snack during the day. Just an example.

But, I'm still maintaining my weight. I know that's better than gaining. My immediate goal is to hold steady for the next couple of weeks and come back stronger in January!


Speaking of January, I want to invite you to join me in your own fitness journey. Starting January 12, I will be hosting an accountability group on Facebook, that will help you get in the best shape of your life. It's not too early to be thinking about the things that you want to accomplish in 2015. Connect with me if you want more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment